- Yoga is an exercise for life. When you are young you can do the strong, energetic poses. As you move into the various phases of your life (pregnancy, childbirth, fatherhood, middle age, illness, old age), yoga adapts with you.
- Yoga is not just exercise for the body, it is also a system for living well according to your own dosha (personality/body type).
- There is no goal except a quiet mind.
- Yoga doesn't mind whether you are old, young, fat, thin, ill, depressed. It has something to offer everyone.
- Yoga stops you from feeling sorry for yourself. It teaches you to accept the life you have and keep going. Pose by pose, breath by breath.
Caroline practises and teaches yoga in Glasgow Scotland and runs The Publishing Cupboard. She is the creator of the Nod off Series (where yoga meets grammar learning). If you want to get to grips with French, Spanish, Italian or Portuguese grammar, in a pain-free yogic way, visit www.nodoff.co.uk